Sunday, July 19, 2009

You Don't Care and You're Lazy

So I mentioned how Bluesfest won an award for their environmental efforts in a previous blog. It seems like every 20 yards or so there's a trash can/compost bin/plastic, glass and can recycling bin, and the cupsuckers. I don't know the exact figure, but I've never had to walk very far to dispose of my garbage or recycling.

Last night, after the Drive by Truckers, we went to grab a bite to eat and watched the people clear out of Lebreton Flats. After about 20 minutes, the festival grounds were pretty empty and I was amazed at how much trash was on the ground. You could barely take a few steps without hearing a beer cup or beer can crush under your feet. I was further amazed at trash on the ground right beside the trash can/compost bin/plastic, glass and can recycling bin, and the cupsuckers.

Are you that freaking lazy people? The organizers went a long way to place these things just about everywhere and you can't walk a few metres to dispose of your trash?

For shame people. For shame.

1 comment:

G Valentino said...

That's a shame.

It's kinda the same, only different, here in Toronto. I was hoping that with the strike people would think about how much garbage they generate and then decide to either bring in their coffee mug or forgo the bag of chips. No luck: the business district is a mess.

People is stoopid.