Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Bad Corporate Citizens

It's been a while since something really grinded my gears enough to blog about (in case you didn't notice) but I just saw an article regarding what Wal-Mart and H&M do with unsold clothing. Here, read it and then come back, I'll wait.

So, how do you like them apples? Wal-Mart and H&M destroy and toss out clothing they can't sell rather than donate the clothing to charity. This incenses me to no end. Even sports teams send off the losing championship game clothing to third world countries (poor Jian thinks the Bills won 4 SuperBowls in a row).

Donating the clothing does more than help the poor people of NYC; it creates an image of a good corporate citizen. While I understand that Wal-Mart's image as a corporate citizen is spotless (where's that sarcastic font?), you can really never be too nice in the corporate world.

I don't really have much else to say that wasn't said in the article but if you didn't already have enough reasons to not shop at Wal-Mart, there's another. As for H&M, I could never handle the lineups so it's not like I have to stop shopping there, but I certainly won't even consider it now.

For shame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's too bad D
I think you'd look very fetching in a skin tight jersey knit one-piece

TL